Prior to joining Agnesian HealthCare Domestic Violence Services, I had worked full time in child welfare for about eight years in Milwaukee County (as an ongoing case manager) and Fond du Lac County (as an initial assessment worker). Typically, parents would not respond positively to a social worker connecting with them and would provide their [...]
Dr. Eric Nelson, an orthopedic surgeon at Waupun Memorial Hospital was recently interviewed about his job. He also discussed options for hip pain, such as hip resurfacing or hip replacement. Listen now.
Written by: Louise Borzcik, RD, CD, CDE, certified diabetes educator, Agnesian HealthCare Physical activity, at least 30 minutes a day, is important for everyone! However, for people with diabetes, consistent physical exercise does a lot of good things! Physical activity: Helps insulin work better. Insulin is what takes the sugar out of your blood and [...]
One of the number one risk factors for developing specific cancers is a positive family history. Talking with a genetics professional about your family history of cancers could result in consideration of genetic testing. If a genetic mutation is found, it can greatly increase your risk of developing a cancer in your lifetime. Knowledge is [...]
In an earlier blog (here) I discussed how the acquired savant syndrome hints at buried potential within us all. Acquired savant syndrome is the rare, but real, phenomenon in which an ordinary person suffers a head injury or other brain incident such as stroke or dementia followed by the sudden emergence, sometimes at a prodigious [...]
A stent is a tiny metal mesh tube the props open the artery walls. It is used to treat narrowed or blocked arteries. Some stents are coated with medication that slowly and continuously release to prevent the artery from becoming blocked again.
Written by: Bryan Royce, M.D. Shoulder instability is usually caused from a fall on an outstretched arm or being hit in the arm while the arm is out to the side. Many times this will damage the shoulder labrum (the soft tissue ring that helps the shoulder stay in place) or it may even damage [...]
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare to showcase healthy living series starting April 21 March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare sets Hospice Hope volunteer training in Fond du Lac, Ripon March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale March 25, 2015
- Agnesian Cancer Center among elite to receive national achievement award March 25, 2015
- Tickets on sale for Samaritan Health Clinic cash raffle March 24, 2015
- Markesan Public Library, Agnesian HealthCare collaborate on hospice presentation March 20, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host purse sale March 20, 2015