This is a great football party appetizer!
Restaurants get crazy with their appetizers…try this recipe to “ make over dish”
- 2 tbsp. light plain soymilk
- Dash cumin
- Dash chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 3 oz. ready-to-eat small/bay shrimp or chicken
- 2 oz. (about 30) baked tortilla chips (like Guiltless Gourmet or Baked! Tostitos Scoops! Or Garden of Eating Blue corn chips)
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced into rings – don’t touch the eyes!
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
In a medium pot, combine soymilk, cumin, and chili powder. Add all three cheeses, breaking the cheese wedge into pieces. Bring to medium-low heat. Cook and stir until sauce is hot and uniform, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.
Evenly lay chips on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until warm.
Give cheese-shrimp mixture a stir, and spoon over chips. Top with salsa or pico de gallo, jalapeño slices, and sour cream. Consume immediately!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 15 nachos)