- Do something you love, even if it is for a short time – read a magazine, play Words with Friends, polish your toenails!
- Read something non-work related.
- Eat healthy food – good food is good fuel for the body.
- Take a bath or a long shower.
- Get a massage from a significant other or as a gift to yourself! A great gift certificate to ask for at Christmas or Birthday time!
- Close your eyes and breathe! Deep breathing really calms the body – if you know a yoga move, get up and practice it.
- Stretch and focus on how your body feels. If you know how to stretch or remember one from gym class or sports, add that in. Distract yourself with breathing and focusing on your body and change your focus.
- Make a list and prioritize – take what’s in the brain out and write it down. This way you will not forget and get more stressed out!
- Ask for help… it is okay to let others know you need help. Share the task with someone else; don’t be a push-over and then get upset later. Those that don’t like conflict always say yes, then you suffer alone.
- EXERCISE!!! Just get up and move! You will feel better and allow the body to release good stress relieving chemicals into the body!
10 ways to decrease stress
About Janelle BaldwinJanelle Baldwin is a physical therapist assistant (PTA) and lead fitness trainer for Agnesian HealthCare’s on-site fitness center, called the ZONE. She is a certified weight trainer (CWT), a strength and conditioning specialist (STS) and a certified strength and conditioning instructor (CSCI). Her 15 years of professional experience ranges from home care and work hardening/conditioning with the Agnesian HealthCare Sports, Spine & Work Center for many years to her role as a certified personal trainer; teaching fitness classes for which she is trained and certified for and maintaining the on-site fitness facility.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare Hospice Hope honors veterans November 24, 2015
- RMC Wellness Center welcomes personal trainer November 24, 2015
- Ripon Medical Center receives national recognition for performance leadership in outcomes November 24, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital receives national recognition for performance leadership in quality, financial strength November 24, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair November 18, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare supports local food pantries with turkey donations November 16, 2015
- The Nutman is coming to Ripon Medical Center November 16, 2015