- 2 Tbsp fat-free Italian dressing, divided
- ¾ pound frozen, cooked and cleaned medium shrimp (thawed)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium tortilla chips (8 ounces)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
Heat cast iron skillet (or pan) on high heat until it is very hot and starts to smoke. Add 1 Tbsp dressing, shrimp, red peppers, and pepper seasoning. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp is heated throu and evenly coated with dressing mixture.
Cover large microwaveable plate with layers of chips, shrimp mixture and cheese.
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melterd, making sure to rotate plate after each minute. Top with onions, cilantro and jalapeños. Enjoy!
Per serving: 230 calories, 10.6g fat (only 2.4g sat fat), 14.7g protein, 18g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 385mg sodium.
**Adapted from Food and Family Magazine, Fall 2011.