These semi-spicy egg rolls are baked instead of fried for a crispy, healthier bite.
Yield: 2 ½ Dozen
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 TBSP finely chopped red onion
- 2 TBSP finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Daish of ground cumin
- ¾ cup reduced-fat cheddar or reduced-fat mexican cheese blend
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
In a large skillet, sauté the spnach, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Stir in the corn, beans, and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sitr in shredded cheese and cream cheese until melted.
Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappeds covered with a damp paper towel util ready to use.) Place 2 tsp. of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward the center over filling. Roll toward remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
Nutrition (for 1 egg roll)
50 calories, 2 g fat (1g sat fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein
Recipe from Healthy Cooking from Taste of Home