- 3 large green peppers
- ½ lb lean ground beef (>90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (use No Added Salt to cut the Sodium)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ¾ cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 TBSP. minced fresh oregano or 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert onto paper towels.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, orzo, oregano, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 mintues or until orzo is tender.
Spoon into peppers. Place in an 11 x 7 in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-35 or until peppers are tender.
Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is softened.
Nutrition(For 2 halves)
Calories:330, Fat: 9g (Sat fat 4g), 65mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber