When setting up a training program for one of our fitness members I heard a familiar question. “How do I motivate myself to keep coming”. It’s a question that all of us ask ourselves during workouts or even in our daily lives. The answer isn’t simple, it’s not about willpower or rewards. It boils down to accountability. Finding someone that you can share your goals with will help, then when you fail to make it to the gym or do your workout, someone other than you is there to remind you about your promise. Use Twitter or Facebook to tell your followers you’re going to work out. In a recent study at USC, a group of obese participants put their activities on twitter. The group using Twitter lost significantly more weight than those that didn’t. In fact,each tweet correlated with a half a pound of weight loss!
Staying motivated to train
By Chris Schattschneider on April 7, 2013 in Bone & Joint Health, Fitness & Nutrition, Know & Go Topics
About Chris Schattschneider
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Agnesian HealthCare enhances on-line health management web site December 4, 2013
- Agnesian HealthCare to sponsor ‘Celebration of Remembrance’ December 2, 2013
- Agnesian HealthCare, Fond du Lac High School collaborating on healthy messages December 2, 2013
- WMH Auxiliary learns about breast health coordinator role December 2, 2013
- Agnesian HealthCare panel works to ‘demystify’ healthcare insurance reform November 27, 2013
- WMH Auxiliary embraces patient, hospital needs November 26, 2013
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary hosts bake, craft sale and silent auction November 26, 2013