When setting up a training program for one of our fitness members I heard a familiar question. “How do I motivate myself to keep coming”. It’s a question that all of us ask ourselves during workouts or even in our daily lives. The answer isn’t simple, it’s not about willpower or rewards. It boils down to accountability. Finding someone that you can share your goals with will help, then when you fail to make it to the gym or do your workout, someone other than you is there to remind you about your promise. Use Twitter or Facebook to tell your followers you’re going to work out. In a recent study at USC, a group of obese participants put their activities on twitter. The group using Twitter lost significantly more weight than those that didn’t. In fact,each tweet correlated with a half a pound of weight loss!
Staying motivated to train
By Chris Schattschneider on April 7, 2013 in Bone & Joint Health, Fitness & Nutrition, Know & Go Topics
About Chris Schattschneider
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- WMH to centralize women’s health services in one location March 10, 2014
- Marian University to host 7th Annual Dr. Darold A. Treffert lecture series April 22 March 5, 2014
- The Improved Order of Red Men makes donation to Adult Day Services March 5, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to jewelry sale March 3, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare sets Hospice Hope volunteer training in Fond du Lac March 3, 2014
- Living Smart 2014 to offer free lifesaving screenings February 25, 2014
- Waupun Memorial Hospital welcomes new Emergency Department physician February 25, 2014