- 1 (15-ounce) can peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup mashed avocado (~1 medium avocado)
- ¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp chile powder
- 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
Place peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork. Add avocado, yogurt, lime, garlic , salt, pepper, cumin, and chile powder. Continue to mash until blended.
Stir in tomatoes, onion. Enjoy! Recommend serving with fresh-cut veggies, or low-sodium chip.
Per serving (1/3 cup): 78 calories, 3g fat, 3.5g protein, 10.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 320mg sodium
**Recipe from hungrygirl.com.
Offered by Liz Hill, RD at Agnesian HealthCare