What is a reasonable dating relationship for people ages 15 to 18?
- Date on the weekends (but not every day).
- Depending on your parents’ rules, you might do homework together during the week or attend each other’s sports games.
- Talk on the Internet at reasonable hours (that doesn’t mean midnight).
- Talk on the phone when you can, but don’t let it interfere with important things.
- Even though you feel serious about one another, still reserve time away with just your friends.
- Always seek balance in all your activities, and don’t give up your sports, your parents, your music and hobbies.
- If people give you hints that you are obsessed with your boyfriend/girlfriend, listen carefully and try to adjust things.
- Don’t put all your hopes and dreams into this relationship; remember this is just practice for later in life.
This is part two of four in the “Puppy Love” blog series. If you missed our previous posting, please visit http://ingoodhealthfdl.agnesian.com/category/know-go/behavioral-health/.