I just can’t take one more day of subzero weather, and wind so strong that I if I stood on my sidewalk I could make it to the corner without ever taking a single step. Don’t get me wrong, I love winter. I just don’t love this one anymore. Last week I asked some people, “What is it that you like most about spring?” Here are some of the answers I got.
Spring means I don’t have to warm up my car for half an hour or shovel snow.
- I start walking again in the spring. I love looking for signs of leaves sprouting, birds singing, that warm feeling when you walk outside.
- Fresh, cool wind blowing on a beautiful sunny day.
- I like to hear all the day sounds of birds chirping, woodpeckers hammering away.
- I like the smell of fresh mown grass.
- I love the sounds of spring. Birds chirping, thunderstorms, kids outside playing.
- Love riding my motorcycle down the back roads.
- The smell of dinner grilling in the backyard.
- Washing all the salt of my car. Finding out that my car is really red.
- The warm weather.
- You can open the windows in your house and let the stuffy winter blues out.
- Riding my moped around town.
- No more HEATING BILLS.
- I don’t have to look at dirty snow piles anymore.
- I don’t have to put on three layers of clothing before I go outside.
- Going to the lake for a lazy day on the boat with family and friends.
- Flip Flops
- I can say, “Honey, I’m going golfing!”
- Fresh picked strawberries.
- Planting my garden and growing fresh vegetables (carrots, tomatoes)
What are some of the reasons you like spring?
Take time to go for a walk and pick some spring flowers.