It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare Hospice Hope schedules ‘A Journey through Grief’ October 6, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital welcomes hospitalist September 28, 2015
- Villa Loretto, Villa Rosa become part of Agnesian HealthCare September 28, 2015
- Bereavement Center & Grief Relief to host ‘Grieving During the Holidays’ September 25, 2015
- St. Francis Home executive serving as statewide association board chair September 25, 2015
- Positive spirit shines through end-of-life care September 25, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalists September 22, 2015