It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale January 21, 2015
- First phase of Camelot Drive construction nearing completion January 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare urges precautions as flu cases on rise January 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale January 13, 2015
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary schedules candy, nut sale January 13, 2015
- Waupun Memorial to begin Weight Watchers At Work series, open house January 21 January 9, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes new general surgeon January 9, 2015