It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
- Fond du Lac collaboration leads to state grant for Agnesian HealthCare training July 21, 2014
- Wautoma hospice volunteers brings energy, enthusiasm to service July 18, 2014
- Fond du Lac woman wins Grief Relief’s backyard makeover July 18, 2014
- End- of- life decisions focus on life, not death July 16, 2014
- Foundation for Ripon Medical Center golf outing successful July 15, 2014
- Agnesian Cancer Center honored as 2014 PRC 5-Star Service Award winner July 14, 2014
- Ripon Medical Center using grant money to provide children bike helmets July 14, 2014