It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Dr. Bert Callahan, orthopedic surgeon, now practicing at Ripon Medical Center January 16, 2017
- Ripon Medical Center Consultants Laboratory receives accreditation January 16, 2017
- Caring for You at Christmas fund-raiser successful January 9, 2017
- AHC Volunteers at St. Agnes Hospital offer scholarships January 9, 2017
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale January 7, 2017
- Agnesian HealthCare Behavioral Health Services welcomes new psychiatrist January 6, 2017
- Agnesian Integrative Health welcomes massage therapist January 3, 2017