It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian HealthCare to welcome Dr. Bert Callahan, orthopedic surgeon October 24, 2016
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary kicks off 2016 ‘Lights of Love’ program October 19, 2016
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes new nurse practitioner October 17, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare, YMCA collaborate on cardiac rehab transitions October 14, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist October 12, 2016
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes nurse practitioner October 11, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to host Journeys ‘Art of Relaxation’ program October 7, 2016