It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes psychotherapist to Waupun June 24, 2016
- The Foundation for RMC awards Arlene Fenner Family Endowed Scholarship June 24, 2016
- 2016 Garden Walk & Art Fair set for July 10; bring a friend! June 20, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Weight Watchers series offers joining discount June 20, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare named American Heart Association Start! Fit-Friendly Company June 17, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale June 15, 2016
- Waupun Memorial, Waupun School District honor apprenticeship program students June 8, 2016