It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare’s Pink Glove Dance 2015: we dance to honor their fight May 21, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale May 20, 2015
- Teams forming for June 3 Foundation for Ripon Medical Center golf outing May 20, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare donates to support Farm2Table Co-op & Cafe May 15, 2015
- Princeton man wins Grief Relief’s backyard makeover May 14, 2015
- The Foundation for RMC awards Arlene Fenner Family Endowed Scholarship May 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes critical care physician to St. Agnes Hospital May 14, 2015