It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- The Nutman is coming to Ripon Medical Center July 2, 2015
- Sr. Mary Mollison, CSA, receives national lifetime achievement award July 1, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation’s Charity Open gears up for 27th year, announces chairpersons June 19, 2015
- Foundation for Ripon Medical Center golf outing boasts successful year June 16, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to host ‘Music in the Park’ family event June 15, 2015
- Agnesian Health Plaza Building B grand opening celebration set June 28 June 15, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor blood drive June 11, 2015