It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare Hospice Hope honors veterans November 24, 2015
- RMC Wellness Center welcomes personal trainer November 24, 2015
- Ripon Medical Center receives national recognition for performance leadership in outcomes November 24, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital receives national recognition for performance leadership in quality, financial strength November 24, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair November 18, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare supports local food pantries with turkey donations November 16, 2015
- The Nutman is coming to Ripon Medical Center November 16, 2015