It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Teams forming for June 1 Foundation for Ripon Medical Center golf outing May 23, 2016
- Travelers urged to consider Zika exposure May 19, 2016
- Fond du Lac woman wins Grief Relief’s backyard makeover May 17, 2016
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary to host Pick n’ Save brat fry May 17, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers award scholarships May 13, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital achieves Pathway to Excellence designation for second time May 12, 2016
- Fond du Lac woman wins Samaritan $150,000 Cash raffle May 11, 2016