It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes new orthopedic surgeon September 17, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes local orthopedic surgeon to Ripon Medical Center September 16, 2014
- WMH Auxiliary schedules candy, nut sale September 16, 2014
- Reading plays integral part in childrens’ development, speaker set October 16 on subject September 16, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale September 16, 2014
- The Nutman is coming to Ripon Medical Center September 10, 2014
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 16, 17 September 4, 2014