It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Openings available at Agnesian HealthCare Foundation Caring for You at Christmas fund-raiser October 23, 2014
- St. Francis Home receives national honors for outstanding resident satisfaction October 21, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare to construct new Markesan clinic, pharmacy October 20, 2014
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor blood drive October 15, 2014
- RMC Auxiliary sets ‘Old Hippie Candle Company” sale November 17 October 15, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare diabetes health fair to educate, inform and share lifestyle tips October 10, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare places eighth in 2014 Pink Glove Dance October 7, 2014