It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes new pediatrician July 28, 2014
- Garden walk enjoys successful year July 28, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair July 25, 2014
- The Nutman is coming to Ripon Medical Center July 25, 2014
- Fond du Lac collaboration leads to state grant for Agnesian HealthCare training July 21, 2014
- Wautoma hospice volunteers brings energy, enthusiasm to service July 18, 2014
- Fond du Lac woman wins Grief Relief’s backyard makeover July 18, 2014