It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes board-certified urologist August 28, 2015
- AHC welcomes maternal fetal specialist from Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin August 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist August 26, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare expands wound care services through Ripon clinic August 25, 2015
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary to host book fair, September 1 August 25, 2015
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 15, 16 August 21, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation announces 2015 Charity Open raffle winners August 18, 2015