It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Ripon Medical Center community drug drop location now open February 13, 2017
- Tips for getting a good night's sleep February 13, 2017
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to jewelry sale February 10, 2017
- February a month of heartache and hope February 8, 2017
- Therapy dogs, volunteers bring respite to hospice patients, next training date set February 8, 2017
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary to host book fair February 23 February 7, 2017
- RMC Auxiliary hosts second annual flower sale February 2, 2017