It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- The Joint Commission recognizes St. Agnes, Waupun Memorial as Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® December 16, 2014
- AHC Foundation Caring for You at Christmas fund-raiser successful December 15, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes new orthopedic surgeon to Waupun December 12, 2014
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary ‘Lights of Love’ tree lighting set December 18 December 5, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers set blanket, linen sale on December 16 December 3, 2014
- Holiday celebrations: don’t forget your influenza ‘flu’ vaccine December 2, 2014
- Ripon Medical Center move: what you need to know December 1, 2014