It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian HealthCare provides Exergaming to The Arc Fond du Lac August 25, 2016
- Air Force/National Guard veteran finds fulfillment in hospice volunteerism August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Weight Watchers series offers joining discount August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare to offer grief support for grieving children, families August 22, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host fair trade sale fund-raiser August 19, 2016
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 14, 15 August 18, 2016
- Villa Loretto sets Fall Fest September 11, raffle tickets on sale August 18, 2016