It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- St. Francis Home completes successful state survey July 28, 2016
- Garden walk success helps support Treffert Center July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, August 4 - 5 July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes anesthesiologist July 26, 2016
- AHC Foundation Charity Open raffle tickets now on sale July 25, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist July 22, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor free community rummage sale, August 18 July 19, 2016