It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Flu season off to late start, good time to get vaccinated February 10, 2016
- Kremer Pharmacy selects Agnesian HealthCare to serve patients in future February 8, 2016
- Foundation for Ripon Medical Center to host Denim & Pearls February 27 February 5, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, February 17 to 19 February 4, 2016
- Envision Fond du Lac to share progress and key findings February 2, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare expands wound care services through new Waupun clinic January 29, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation, Mazda Drive for Good® Partner to Do Good January 29, 2016