It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare to showcase healthy living series starting April 21 March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare sets Hospice Hope volunteer training in Fond du Lac, Ripon March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale March 25, 2015
- Agnesian Cancer Center among elite to receive national achievement award March 25, 2015
- Tickets on sale for Samaritan Health Clinic cash raffle March 24, 2015
- Markesan Public Library, Agnesian HealthCare collaborate on hospice presentation March 20, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host purse sale March 20, 2015