It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes two local chiropractors February 25, 2015
- Oakfield High School girls basketball team supports AHC Foundation Caring for You Fund February 18, 2015
- WMH women’s health, breast cancer benefits from Waupun Pink Out the Rink February 11, 2015
- Health professionals encouraging awareness, actions in light of measles cases February 10, 2015
- New Psychology internship program helps meet demand for mental health professionals February 10, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital Auxiliary schedules candy, nut sale February 10, 2015
- Salon 311 supports WMH women’s health, breast cancer services February 9, 2015