It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, including melanoma, more than indoor tanning. It also significantly worsens you appearance by leading to wrinkles, freckles, and blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
Melanoma skin cancer cases on the rise in Wisconsin
By Burt Steffes MD on June 26, 2014 in Cancer Care, Know & Go Topics, Skin Care & Cosmetic Services, Women's Health
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes new nurse practitioner May 4, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes family nurse practitioner to dialysis centers May 4, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes integrative health physician May 2, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes Treffert Center pediatric nurse practitioner April 28, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes family nurse practitioner to sleep center April 28, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare nurse wins Nightingale honor April 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, May 4 - 6 April 26, 2016