- Find a farm with raspberries, tomatoes, flowers, anything, and get picking.
- Play outside in the rain: Smell the rain, splash in puddles, make mud pies. No rain? Set up the sprinkler up outside instead.
- Go camping: Try backyard camping, or set up sleeping bags on the floor in your house and have a family sleepover.
- Catch lightening bugs: Watch them flicker and then set them free so someone else can catch them.
- Family game night: As a family, pick out a board game to play for a cold or rainy night.
- Go someplace new: Go to a botanical garden, the zoo, a waterpark, a museum, or a different park to play. Check out your local public library for fun activities.
- Have a puzzle race: Use 100-piece puzzles and race to see who can finish theirs first.
- Create: Make a pizza together, or lemonade. Try some science experiments or art projects to do as a family.
- Take a bike ride: Take your bikes to a friend’s house or to get ice-cream, ride around your neighborhood or go to a bike trail.
- Build memories: Create beaded necklaces, pressed flower pictures, a Lego castle, or a fort in the living room.
- Spend time outside: Fly a kite, play kickball, Frisbee, tag, or decorate your sidewalks with chalk.
- Create a treasure hunt: Make a list of hidden objects inside and outside of the house. Create a map with X’s marking the spots.
- Act: play charades, create an original dramatic performance, or a music video. Don’t be afraid to dress-up.
- Read: Start reading a book out loud, have the whole family take turns reading. Create voices for different characters.
14 Things to do with your kids yet this summer
By Agnesian Behavioral Health Services on July 29, 2014 in Behavioral Health, General Health, Know & Go Topics, Women's Health
About Agnesian Behavioral Health ServicesAgnesian HealthCare has long been recognized as a leader in providing quality care for members of our community with psychological and addictive concerns. Our highly-trained team of professionals includes psychiatrists, addictionologist, psychologists, psychotherapists, nurses, family therapists, social workers, and certified alcohol and other drug abuse (AODA) counselors. These professionals work together with three locations to serve children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare’s Pink Glove Dance 2015: we dance to honor their fight May 21, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale May 20, 2015
- Teams forming for June 3 Foundation for Ripon Medical Center golf outing May 20, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare donates to support Farm2Table Co-op & Cafe May 15, 2015
- Princeton man wins Grief Relief’s backyard makeover May 14, 2015
- The Foundation for RMC awards Arlene Fenner Family Endowed Scholarship May 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes critical care physician to St. Agnes Hospital May 14, 2015