- Find a farm with raspberries, tomatoes, flowers, anything, and get picking.
- Play outside in the rain: Smell the rain, splash in puddles, make mud pies. No rain? Set up the sprinkler up outside instead.
- Go camping: Try backyard camping, or set up sleeping bags on the floor in your house and have a family sleepover.
- Catch lightening bugs: Watch them flicker and then set them free so someone else can catch them.
- Family game night: As a family, pick out a board game to play for a cold or rainy night.
- Go someplace new: Go to a botanical garden, the zoo, a waterpark, a museum, or a different park to play. Check out your local public library for fun activities.
- Have a puzzle race: Use 100-piece puzzles and race to see who can finish theirs first.
- Create: Make a pizza together, or lemonade. Try some science experiments or art projects to do as a family.
- Take a bike ride: Take your bikes to a friend’s house or to get ice-cream, ride around your neighborhood or go to a bike trail.
- Build memories: Create beaded necklaces, pressed flower pictures, a Lego castle, or a fort in the living room.
- Spend time outside: Fly a kite, play kickball, Frisbee, tag, or decorate your sidewalks with chalk.
- Create a treasure hunt: Make a list of hidden objects inside and outside of the house. Create a map with X’s marking the spots.
- Act: play charades, create an original dramatic performance, or a music video. Don’t be afraid to dress-up.
- Read: Start reading a book out loud, have the whole family take turns reading. Create voices for different characters.
14 Things to do with your kids yet this summer
By Agnesian HealthCare Behavioral Health Services on July 29, 2014 in Behavioral Health, General Health, Know & Go Topics, Women's Health
About Agnesian HealthCare Behavioral Health ServicesAgnesian HealthCare has long been recognized as a leader in providing quality care for members of our community with psychological and addictive concerns. Our highly-trained team of professionals includes psychiatrists, addictionologist, psychologists, psychotherapists, nurses, family therapists, social workers, and certified alcohol and other drug abuse (AODA) counselors. These professionals work together with three locations to serve children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Dr. Bert Callahan, orthopedic surgeon, now practicing at Ripon Medical Center January 16, 2017
- Ripon Medical Center Consultants Laboratory receives accreditation January 16, 2017
- Caring for You at Christmas fund-raiser successful January 9, 2017
- AHC Volunteers at St. Agnes Hospital offer scholarships January 9, 2017
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale January 7, 2017
- Agnesian HealthCare Behavioral Health Services welcomes new psychiatrist January 6, 2017
- Agnesian Integrative Health welcomes massage therapist January 3, 2017