You might think that suntan skin looks good, but it is a sign that your skin has been damaged. Tan skin isn’t a prevention from sun damage. Covering up, avoiding exposure and daily use of sunscreen is the only way to protect your skin from damaging rays and age skin prematurely and cause skin cancer. […]
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, […]
When you think about the upcoming Olympics competition, skin issues would be an unlikely topic. As a board-certified dermatologist, Bert Steffes, MD, Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, knows firsthand how the skin of athletes can be impacted. Get a new perspective on this common issue, and enjoy the Olympics! The Olympics are all about the […]
“Minimize the effects of skin damage and premature aging by always using a sunscreen,” states Dr. Steffes. Here are some other tips to protect the skin you’re in. Avoid getting sun burnt – if you have five or more sunburns, your risk of developing skin cancer doubles. Avoid using tanning beds – the […]
Reconstructive surgery following cancer treatment or trauma is a delicate procedure. Trusting your recovery to an experienced provider is essential to your health and recovery. The personal journey of rebuilding your health after treatment of cancer or other diseases is an important decision. We can help in selecting a treatment plan that is personalized for […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Garden walk success helps support Treffert Center July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, August 4 - 5 July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes anesthesiologist July 26, 2016
- AHC Foundation Charity Open raffle tickets now on sale July 25, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist July 22, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor free community rummage sale, August 18 July 19, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital Auxiliary awards 2016 scholarships July 19, 2016