Sunscreens protect the skin. They play an important role in blocking the absorption of ultraviolet (UV) radiation by the skin. UV radiation damages the skin and can lead to sunburns and skin cancer. However, no sunscreen blocks UV radiation 100 percent. Sunscreens extend the length of time you can be outdoors before your skin begins to redden, but they don’t […]
About Burt Steffes MDBurt Steffes is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He currently sees patients in Fond du Lac, Mayville, and Waupun.
You might think that suntan skin looks good, but it is a sign that your skin has been damaged. Tan skin isn’t a prevention from sun damage. Covering up, avoiding exposure and daily use of sunscreen is the only way to protect your skin from damaging rays and age skin prematurely and cause skin cancer. […]
It was recently reported by the Wisconsin Cancer Council that skin cancer cases are on the rise. Tanning beds alone can increase your risk of melanoma by 75% (for those that use them before the age of 35). Before you step into a tanning bed please consider that nothing increases your risk of skin cancer development, […]
When you think about the upcoming Olympics competition, skin issues would be an unlikely topic. As a board-certified dermatologist, Bert Steffes, MD, Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, knows firsthand how the skin of athletes can be impacted. Get a new perspective on this common issue, and enjoy the Olympics! The Olympics are all about the […]
“Minimize the effects of skin damage and premature aging by always using a sunscreen,” states Dr. Steffes. Here are some other tips to protect the skin you’re in. Avoid getting sun burnt – if you have five or more sunburns, your risk of developing skin cancer doubles. Avoid using tanning beds – the […]
Reconstructive surgery following cancer treatment or trauma is a delicate procedure. Trusting your recovery to an experienced provider is essential to your health and recovery. The personal journey of rebuilding your health after treatment of cancer or other diseases is an important decision. We can help in selecting a treatment plan that is personalized for […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Ripon Medical Center to host winter clothes drive August 29, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare provides Exergaming to The Arc Fond du Lac August 25, 2016
- Air Force/National Guard veteran finds fulfillment in hospice volunteerism August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Weight Watchers series offers joining discount August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare to offer grief support for grieving children, families August 22, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host fair trade sale fund-raiser August 19, 2016
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 14, 15 August 18, 2016