Written by: Carlos Figueroa Castro, MD, Infectious Diseases A recent update from the Fond du Lac County Health Department indicates that a dead crow found in the county last month tested positive for the West Nile virus. As a healthcare consumer, what do you need to know about this virus? First off, it’s important to […]
Archive | Influenza & Other Communicable DiseasesRSS feed for this section
Written by: Vivian Onunkwo, MD, Agnesian Work & Wellness Medical Director Zika virus infection is a disease caused by Zika virus. It is transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito (Aedes aegypti) which also transmits dengue and chikungunya viruses. Infected pregnant women can pass the virus to their fetus during pregnancy or at time of […]
We have been receiving many questions about where patients can get a flu vaccine. See the schedule below for locations/dates/times.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, influenza is a contagious respiratory illness with symptoms including: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue, and possibly vomiting and diarrhea. Coming down with this illness means a call or trip to a healthcare provider is sometimes necessary. Your provider will […]
Listen to Amanda Dickerson, APNP, a family nurse practitioner at the Fond du Lac Regional Clinic in Markesan, as she shares with us the latest on this year’s flu season. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Amanda, please call the clinic at (920) 398-2406.
Whooping cough, or pertussis, can have serious consequences for infants and older adults, says David Maruska, MD, a family medicine physician with Agnesian HealthCare’s Fond du Lac Regional Clinic. Dr. Maruska encourages families to check out this article with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. Pertussis vaccines are recommended for children, teens, and adults, […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian HealthCare provides Exergaming to The Arc Fond du Lac August 25, 2016
- Air Force/National Guard veteran finds fulfillment in hospice volunteerism August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Weight Watchers series offers joining discount August 24, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare to offer grief support for grieving children, families August 22, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host fair trade sale fund-raiser August 19, 2016
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 14, 15 August 18, 2016
- Villa Loretto sets Fall Fest September 11, raffle tickets on sale August 18, 2016