We have been receiving many questions about where patients can get a flu vaccine. See the schedule below for locations/dates/times.
Archive | Influenza & Other Communicable DiseasesRSS feed for this section
Written by: Carlos Figueroa Castro, MD, Infectious Diseases A recent update from the Fond du Lac County Health Department indicates that a dead crow found in the county last month tested positive for the West Nile virus. As a healthcare consumer, what do you need to know about this virus? First off, it’s important to […]
Written by: Vivian Onunkwo, MD, Agnesian Work & Wellness Medical Director Zika virus infection is a disease caused by Zika virus. It is transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito (Aedes aegypti) which also transmits dengue and chikungunya viruses. Infected pregnant women can pass the virus to their fetus during pregnancy or at time of […]
According to the Centers for Disease Control, influenza is a contagious respiratory illness with symptoms including: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue, and possibly vomiting and diarrhea. Coming down with this illness means a call or trip to a healthcare provider is sometimes necessary. Your provider will […]
Listen to Amanda Dickerson, APNP, a family nurse practitioner at the Fond du Lac Regional Clinic in Markesan, as she shares with us the latest on this year’s flu season. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Amanda, please call the clinic at (920) 398-2406.
Whooping cough, or pertussis, can have serious consequences for infants and older adults, says David Maruska, MD, a family medicine physician with Agnesian HealthCare’s Fond du Lac Regional Clinic. Dr. Maruska encourages families to check out this article with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. Pertussis vaccines are recommended for children, teens, and adults, […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary kicks off 2016 ‘Lights of Love’ program October 19, 2016
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes new nurse practitioner October 17, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare, YMCA collaborate on cardiac rehab transitions October 14, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist October 12, 2016
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes nurse practitioner October 11, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to host Journeys ‘Art of Relaxation’ program October 7, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule footwear sale October 3, 2016