Written by: Vivian Onunkwo, MD, Agnesian Work & Wellness Medical Director Zika virus infection is a disease caused by Zika virus. It is transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito (Aedes aegypti) which also transmits dengue and chikungunya viruses. Infected pregnant women can pass the virus to their fetus during pregnancy or at time of […]
Archive | Influenza & Other Communicable DiseasesRSS feed for this section
We have been receiving many questions about where patients can get a flu vaccine. See the schedule below for locations/dates/times.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, influenza is a contagious respiratory illness with symptoms including: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue, and possibly vomiting and diarrhea. Coming down with this illness means a call or trip to a healthcare provider is sometimes necessary. Your provider will […]
Listen to Amanda Dickerson, APNP, a family nurse practitioner at the Fond du Lac Regional Clinic in Markesan, as she shares with us the latest on this year’s flu season. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Amanda, please call the clinic at (920) 398-2406.
Whooping cough, or pertussis, can have serious consequences for infants and older adults, says David Maruska, MD, a family medicine physician with Agnesian HealthCare’s Fond du Lac Regional Clinic. Dr. Maruska encourages families to check out this article with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. Pertussis vaccines are recommended for children, teens, and adults, […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian Work & Wellness welcomes new nurse practitioner May 4, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes family nurse practitioner to dialysis centers May 4, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes integrative health physician May 2, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes Treffert Center pediatric nurse practitioner April 28, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes family nurse practitioner to sleep center April 28, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare nurse wins Nightingale honor April 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, May 4 - 6 April 26, 2016