Humor for the Health of It Did you know that the average preschooler laughs 400 times a day, and by age 35 that drops to 15 times a day? Did you know that every time you have a good laugh you burn 3.5 calories? Laughter and humor have many great benefits for both our personal […]
Ingredients: 1 cup low-fat cream cheese 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt 1 Tbsp honey 1 tsp grated ginger root (or ½ tsp ground ginger) 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained Beat cream cheese, yogurt, honey, and ginger together until creamy. Fold into pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Recommend trying dip […]
Written by: Tyler Norton, PTA Almost everyone is asked the same question when entering just about any healthcare facility with pain. “On a scale of 0/10, could you rate your pain for me?” Everyone experiences pain differently. The purpose of this blog is to inform the general public more specifically, what each number on the […]
People line up at Mass for a small cracker or a piece of bread and a sip of wine. Why? When you get down to it, isn’t it just bread and wine? Bishop Don Hying shares the mystery of the Eucharist with us, and what makes it a truly Holy Communion. Based upon the Catechism […]
Agnesian HealthCare’s Renee Allen, MS, CCC-SLP, a speech and language pathologist with the Sport, Spine & Work Center, discusses how autism affects speech and language and how parents can identify signs of autism in children.
Once upon a time, cholesterol seemed easy: high cholesterol was bad, and you did everything you could – exercise, lose weight, eat a low-fat diet – to lower it. Even then, of course, it was known that one kind of cholesterol, HDL or high-density lipoprotein, is actually good for cardiovascular health and should be kept […]
Written by: Ann Sorgent RN, BSN Clinical Supervisor at the Agnesian Cancer Center Parents can have an impact on the patterns of sun exposure and sun protection in their young children. (Part 1 of 3) In a May 2013 article in the American Journal of Dermatology, a study of sun safety practices employed by parents of young […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Agnesian HealthCare to offer grief support for grieving children, families August 22, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host fair trade sale fund-raiser August 19, 2016
- WMH Auxiliary to host annual bake & mum sale on September 14, 15 August 18, 2016
- Villa Loretto sets Fall Fest September 11, raffle tickets on sale August 18, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale August 16, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation announces 2016 Charity Open raffle winners August 16, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare to offer new pain management treatment August 12, 2016