Written by: Lauren Turner, Predoctoral Intern with St. Agnes Hospital Behavioral Health While the holidays are a time of cheer, spirit and warmth, this is also a notoriously stressful time of year. Finding that perfect gift, hosting family dinners and dealing with often unpredictable weather can make the holidays a time of anxiety rather than […]
As the Thanksgiving season approaches, we are all reminded of the importance of having gratitude. Being a thankful person helps us to be mindful of the good things, even in stressful times. Using a grateful thinking style has even been shown to have psychological benefits. So, how can we help our children to develop a […]
Recipe courtesy of Mayo Clinic Staff Serves 6 Ingredients 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth 1 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup chopped onion 10 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted and cubed 1/4 cup chopped parsley 1 teaspoon dried tarragon 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries 1 cup whole water chestnuts 1 […]
Here’s my quick top 10 ways to get better abs. Do more cardio Great abs start in the kitchen Great abs end by getting more rest Increase water intake Increase fruits and veggies Count calories Move every day! Stop bad habits! Don’t quit! Be disciplined! What? Where’s the ab exercises? Well…that is a great myth…there […]
Recently, Dr. Troicki was interviewed about his work at the Agnesian Cancer Center. Listen in as he discusses radiation therapy, chemotherapy, Protura and other updates on cancer treatment.
There is a habit disorder that causes as much pain and embarrassment as alcoholism or gambling and generally isn’t talked about. It is hairpulling or trichotillomania (most hairpullers call it trich or TTM). Though the name “trichotillomania” sounds Gothic and weird, it literally means “hairpulling enthusiasm.” Trich is an issue of the ages and is […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- Garden walk success helps support Treffert Center July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers invite public to book fair, August 4 - 5 July 26, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes anesthesiologist July 26, 2016
- AHC Foundation Charity Open raffle tickets now on sale July 25, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist July 22, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor free community rummage sale, August 18 July 19, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital Auxiliary awards 2016 scholarships July 19, 2016