Written by: Ann P Sorgent RN, BSN, Clinical Supervisor – Agnesian Cancer Center A paper recently published in the Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention journal discussed studies revealing that the taller a post-menopausal woman is, the greater risk she has of developing cancer. This discussion was prompted by a recent study of data from over 144,000 women [...]
Last week we provided a list of 10 questions to ask your insurance company focused on the coverage of the birth of your child(ren). There are also some questions you may want to ask related to your newborn(s) prior to the birth. Having these questions answered will give you time to focus on caring for [...]
September is Recovery Month Recovery month highlights the benefits of substance abuse treatment, the contributions of treatment providers and promotes the message that recovery from substance abuse in all forms is possible. Here are tips about recovery from The Partnership for a Drug-Free America™. What Happens to the Person with the Addiction in Recovery? Recovery [...]
Katherine Vergos, Ripon Medical Center chief operating officer, has been sharing updates on the new hospital construction, set to open in fall/winter 2014. These community presentations have brought forward exciting details, as well as offering insightful questions from area residents. If interested in a presentation for local organizations, call Public Relations at (920) 926-4971.
I recently was giving my dear friend a baby shower present when she said to me, “I am so thankful that you shared with me the information that my insurance company could pay for my breastfeeding pump!” She proceeded to tell me, “I was actually questioned why I didn’t have a breast pump on my [...]
Remember when the only way to track your activity was a “high-tech” pedometer you wore on your belt? You know, the kind you can shake in your hand to meet your step goal for the day. These devices have come along way over the last couple of years and now can track everything from step [...]
Is it okay for Christians to have great wealth? Are we responsible for others who are less fortunate? Should we strive for success and financial gain? Bishop Don Hying sheds light on these challenging, yet popular questions. Based upon the Catechism of the Catholic Church (2401).
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist to Ripon, Waupun September 22, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare expands wound care services through new clinic September 22, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation 2014 Charity Open has banner year September 22, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes new orthopedic surgeon September 17, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes local orthopedic surgeon to Ripon Medical Center September 16, 2014
- WMH Auxiliary schedules candy, nut sale September 16, 2014
- Reading plays integral part in childrens’ development, speaker set October 16 on subject September 16, 2014