While a very welcome concept, I don’t have a particular fondness for the term “wellness.” While “sickness” seems right as a noun, “wellness” feels a bit awkward as a noun. Maybe it’s just me. The term I prefer is “rustproofing” ourselves. In 1972, I wrote an article with that title in Postgraduate Medicine listing the […]
It is very important to do monthly self-breast exams because only you know those subtle changes that may have occurred and may mean something serious. If you feel a lump, make sure you inform your healthcare provider. It is important to remember that 80 to 85 percent of breast lumps are benign, especially in women […]
The Social Skills Video project is a collaborative community project in which Agnesian’s Autism, Behavior and Communication Center and local schools have been working together to create social skills videos for use by our community.
Written by: Vivian Hazell, Lead Autism Therapist, Agnesian Beyond Boundaries of Autism Imagine if you couldn’t interpret what those around you are about to do or WHY they are doing it or what you should do in response…. You have just imagined being a child with autism. Children with autism strive for routine and predictability in order […]
1 bundle fresh kale, trimmed, stems removed, and chopped 2 cups fresh bean sprouts 1 cup shredded carrots 2 tsp olive oil 1 Tbls light soy sauce ¼ tsp red pepper flakes Make sure kale is washed, trimmed and chopped. Pat dry and put the kale on a cookie sheet and place in your freezer […]
Written by: Vivian Hazell, Lead Autism Therapist, Agnesian Beyond Boundaries of Autism Imagine if you couldn’t interpret what those around you are about to do or WHY they are doing it or what you should do in response…. You have just imagined being a child with autism. Now imagine that child is in an environment […]
Search In Good Health
Want to receive our weekly e-newsletter?
- AHC Foundation Charity Open raffle tickets now on sale July 25, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes hospitalist July 22, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital to sponsor free community rummage sale, August 18 July 19, 2016
- Waupun Memorial Hospital Auxiliary awards 2016 scholarships July 19, 2016
- Fond du Lac Regional Clinic Orthopedics welcomes nurse practitioner July 19, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation’s Charity Open gears up for 28th year, announces chairpersons July 11, 2016
- Agnesian HealthCare expands community drug drop location options by two July 5, 2016