Ripon Medical Center’s new main entrance will feature a canopy for convenient patient drop off and pick up, even in rainy weather. The lobby will be open and inviting, including windows that will add natural lighting for patients and visitors. Services will be readily available from the new lobby. Separate entrances will also be available [...]
National Depression Screening Month Depression is very common due to our hectic lifestyles and increased demands that are placed upon us. If left untreated, research indicates that depression may contribute to cardiac concerns and diabetes. The good news is that depression is treatable. Key Indicators of Depression • Persistent sadness, anxiety or feeling “empty” • [...]
The cough reflex is part of the body’s self-defense system against foreign particles entering the respiratory system. The trachea and upper airway have irritant receptors which sense the particles and activate the cough. The chest and throat muscles contract in sequence, resulting in a sudden, strong airflow to help expel the offending material. When people [...]
Yes they can! The Pro Player Health Alliance hosts free public events for fans to learn about the personal struggles of their football heroes. Their Tackle Sleep Apnea campaign is for people to see firsthand that even super star athletes are vulnerable to this disorder. The Pro Player Health Alliance is raising awareness in a [...]
They say “the truth hurts.” Some of us even quote John 8:32, declaring that “…the truth will set you free.” Should we always be truthful, always? Bishop Don Hying shows us how sharing the truth can be a phenomenal way of sharing love. Based upon the Catechism of the Catholic Church (2464).
Agnesian HealthCare’s Dr. Tom Fabricius, Family Medicine Physician, talks about men’s health issues on the KFIZ morning show.
Written by: Ann P Sorgent RN, BSN, Clinical Supervisor – Agnesian Cancer Center A paper recently published in the Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention journal discussed studies revealing that the taller a post-menopausal woman is, the greater risk she has of developing cancer. This discussion was prompted by a recent study of data from over 144,000 women [...]
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes two local chiropractors February 25, 2015
- Oakfield High School girls basketball team supports AHC Foundation Caring for You Fund February 18, 2015
- WMH women’s health, breast cancer benefits from Waupun Pink Out the Rink February 11, 2015
- Health professionals encouraging awareness, actions in light of measles cases February 10, 2015
- New Psychology internship program helps meet demand for mental health professionals February 10, 2015
- Waupun Memorial Hospital Auxiliary schedules candy, nut sale February 10, 2015
- Salon 311 supports WMH women’s health, breast cancer services February 9, 2015