Suicide is a tragic event – one that is hard to understand, one that seems senseless and one that affects friends and family members deeply, especially in the case of youth suicide. Early identification of possible emotional health concerns and connection to supportive services are important tools in preventing youth suicide. Research shows that many [...]
Childhood obesity is a major concern impacting many families today. Most children today are not engaging in the recommended one hour of physical activity each day, and the majority of food companies target children with poor quality food filled with added sugar, unhealthy fats, and chemicals. In addition to lack of exercise and an excess [...]
I recently read a newsletter (Ergopoints E-newsletter) on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and thought it would be good to share. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is pain, weakness, tingling and/or numbness of the thumb, index and middle fingers that occurs when the median nerve gets compressed at the wrist. Repetitive movements and prolonged awkward postures may produce or [...]
With so many mixed messages about relationships and intimacy on television, at the movies and online, how do we know what’s right? Click now for more on what the Church says about these deeply personal connections. Based upon the Catechism of the Catholic Church (2331).
Agnesian HealthCare’s Matthew Doll, PhD in Psychology with Doll and Associates, talks about our new autism services and how parents can identify the signs of autism on the KFIZ morning show.
Have you ever heard the phrase, “Dancing to your own beat?” Don’t fear fellow pink-glovers – you will need to dance solo no more! We are thrilled to announce the official song of the Agnesian HealthCare and the Fond du Lac Family YMCA 2013 Pink Glove Dance, “Carry On” by Fun! “While the song begins [...]
Written by: Ann P Sorgent RN, BSN Clinical Supervisor – Agnesian Cancer Center Perhaps it is appropriate that September happens to be Blood Cancer Awareness Month since this type of cancer so often seems to strike children as well as adults. As we ready our children to go back to school, the Leukemia and Lymphoma [...]
Search In Good Health
- Harley Owners Group Open Road Chapter donates to Carol Hyland Caring for You Fund January 30, 2015
- ‘An Evening of Chocolate & Wine’ raffle tickets on sale January 28, 2015
- Foundation for Ripon Medical Center to host Denim & Pearls February 28 at new hospital January 28, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale January 21, 2015
- First phase of Camelot Drive construction nearing completion January 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare urges precautions as flu cases on rise January 14, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale January 13, 2015