Written by: Lisa Michels, RN, BSN at Agnesian HealthCare According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a teenage girl may see a gynecologist between the ages of 13 and 15. Keep in mind that if your daughter is not 18, a parental consent is needed for the appointment. This first visit includes a [...]
Q: We have so much change going on at work. Some employees seem to “go with the flow,” while others seem to resist any suggestions. What can I do to help employees deal with change? A: “The only person entirely comfortable with change is a wet baby.” This short quote says a great deal. Very [...]
Growing a backyard garden is becoming more and more popular today. While the benefits of growing your own fruits, vegetables and herbs are numerous, here are just a few benefits to convince you to put your green thumb into action. Encourages you to eat more fruits and vegetables. You may have heard that most of [...]
Ripon Medical Center is proud to offer area residents and their families the benefits of receiving care in a brand new facility. Construction is progressing rapidly and work is moving toward a fall 2014 move in date. Ripon Medical Center associates, volunteers, providers, as well as the larger community have had an opportunity to see [...]
Agnesian HealthCare’s Clark Searle, MD, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, discusses shoulder injuries and how to prevent them on KFIZ 1450′s Breakfast Club.
How common is savant syndrome? Approximately one in 10 (10 percent) of individuals with autistic disorder have some savant skills. In other forms of development disability, mental retardation or brain injury, savant skills occur in less than 1 percent of such individuals (approximately 1:2000 in people with mental retardation). These other forms of mental disability [...]
Mass celebrations or church services, seem very involved and sometimes they’re really long. Why is that? Bishop Don Hying runs down the elements of Mass for us and helps us see the beauty of celebrating with others. Based upon the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1346).
Search In Good Health
- RMC gift shop to offer September specials, prepares for upcoming move August 29, 2014
- Ripon Medical Center Auxiliary to host Pick n’ Save brat fry August 26, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare welcomes respected Ripon pediatrician August 21, 2014
- Cancer survivor, Pink Glove Dance video to highlight Agnesian HealthCare breast health event August 19, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Foundation announces 2014 Charity Open raffle winners August 19, 2014
- Exchange Club of FDL, Agnesian HealthCare collaborate on domestic abuse prevention efforts August 19, 2014
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule candy, nut sale August 15, 2014