Resilience in psychology is defined as “the mental ability to recover quickly from change, stress, depression, illness or misfortune” (wikipedia). At some time, all humans are impacted by some type of misfortune or change that challenges our resilience. Resilience is one of the ingredients that differentiates people who take a victim mentality from those with [...]
Written by :Matt Sheehy, PTA Fall prevention is important for your health. Here are things you can do to minimize your risk for falling. STAND TALL: Shoes-Always wear sensible and good fitting shoes. Tell-Tell family members, friends and your doctor if you feel dizzy. Assistive Device-Always use your cane, walker or other assistive device when [...]
His miracles of healing the sick are a big part of His ministry. Are those amazing medical miracles things of the past, or is Jesus still working wonders today? Bishop Don Hying talks to us about the healing power of Christ. Based upon the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1499).
Riann Kreiling, an exercise physiologist with Agnesian HealthCare, works with patients recovering from heart attacks. She says, however, that there are many “other” reasons to exercise, then just to prevent, or recover from, a heart attack.
Written by: Heather A Bowen MBA RT (R)(T)(CT), Supervisor Radiation Oncology June is Men’s Health Cancer Awareness Month. Here are some things men need to know about cancer. In the United States, the risk of men developing cancer is about 50 percent, or one in every two men is at risk. The top five cancer sites [...]
Written by: Debbie Dvorachek, LPN,WCC at the Agnesian Health Shoppe As women, we all want to enjoy healthy and active lives. However, with all the tasks of work, family …. we may forget about maintaining the health of our legs. While concerns with veins of the leg occur in both men and women of all ages, certain [...]
Q: I hear a lot about workplace bullying. Could you tell me what this involves, the impact and what can be done about it? A: Great question. We hear a lot about bullying of children and adolescents, especially in schools, but bullying can also occur at work. Workplace bullying refers to repeated, unreasonable actions of [...]
Search In Good Health
- Agnesian HealthCare to showcase healthy living series starting April 21 March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare sets Hospice Hope volunteer training in Fond du Lac, Ripon March 27, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers schedule uniform sale March 25, 2015
- Agnesian Cancer Center among elite to receive national achievement award March 25, 2015
- Tickets on sale for Samaritan Health Clinic cash raffle March 24, 2015
- Markesan Public Library, Agnesian HealthCare collaborate on hospice presentation March 20, 2015
- Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers to host purse sale March 20, 2015